Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Food of the Week!!

The food of the week this week is the least fruity of all fruits. It's the mighty green Avocado!

Photobucket

I get at least 2 avocados every time I go grocery shopping, and I never let one go bad. While they don't necessarily taste that great on their own, they are versatile and mesh well with other flavors. Here's what i mean by versatile; I made some chili but I had forgotten to buy cheese to put on top. So I said, Hey an avocado is fatty, soft, and yellow, why not throw that on there? And I did. And it was delicious. I'll take avocado on my chili instead of cheese any time.

Put it on a sandwich. Put it on a burger. Make soup with it. Cut it in half and eat it with a spoon.

Too bad someone already wrote the book I was going to write: The Improvisational Cook
I was going to call it Freecooking though.

Ok, so go get some avocados. You can thank me later.

Love,
The City

1 comment:

SaraBhaus said...

I let an avocado go bad and I'm extremely mad about that. I'm so irresponsible.